” This part is provided the information about Carpet Recycling. However, if you would like to find the places for recycle your old/used Carpet in your state, click at “SELECT YOUR AREA” category or click “Zip Code” at top menu bar. As well, you can select other materials which you want to recycle them at “SELECT MATERIAL” category. Although, when you would not like to recycle anymore and looking for the other process to manage your old/used material, we provide the link of “Disposal service” and “Donation centers” at “LINK” category. ”
A numbers of wastes in America are growing from 247 million tons of non-hazardous waste in 1990, to 409 million tons in 2001. The increasing number of wastes in each year causes the crisis of pollution. Recycling is the process of transforming used/wasted materials into useful materials which can be used again. In other word, recycling turns materials that would otherwise become waste into valuable resources. Using recycled materials can lower energy costs for manufacturers because recycling is a key to reduce the consumption of raw materials such as land, plants, minerals, and water, etc. so using materials more than once which means we conserve natural resources as well. Recyclable materials include many kinds of glass, paper, metal, plastic, textiles, and electronics. In each year, Americans haul 82 million tons of trash to recycling center but that’s still just 32.5 percent of trash that US people throw out. To emphasize that why we should recycle the used materials, the following will show the benefit of recycling:
* Greenhouse gas emissions are reduced; by avoiding methane emissions and reducing energy required can contribute to climate change.
* Decreases the amount of CO2 produced.
* Prevents the pollution caused by the manufacturing of products from raw materials.
* Helps maintain the environment for future generations.
* Reduce a number of wastes and saves considerable landfill space.
* Reduces the need for landfill and incineration.
* Reduces the consumption of energy and water.
* Decreases the need for disposal.
* Protects and expands US manufacturing jobs
* Increases US competitiveness.
* Prevents pollution caused by the manufacturing of products from virgin materials.
* Saves energy.
* Saves natural resources such as timber, water, and minerals.
How to recycle old carpet?
When you feel bore your old carpet and want to change a new one, how can you do with an old one you have? Throwing away your old carpet to a landfill seems to be wasteful and to be harm to environment. If you are looking to replace your old carpet, here is some suggestion to manage your unwanted carpet to be useful:
· If your unwanted carpets are in good condition, a good choice for replacing your unwanted carpets is donating them to an organization because that makes your unwanted carpets become more value for other people.
· Otherwise, you can give your unwanted carpets for other people who need to use them such as your relation, neighborhood, a charity shop, school, jumble sale, or community.
· When you buy a new carpet ask your dealers about recycling options because most of them can remove your old carpet and into their costs, thus make sure that you know what you are paying for these services or not.
· Some recycling centers accept carpets and some is not, so check out your local council in your area first because the services vary across the country.
· Even some companies will pick up your olds/unwanted carpet but they will accept your old carpet if you live within certain distance from their facility only, so check that they can pick up your olds/unwanted carpet in your area or not.
***However, if you are the recycle service providers and would like to add the address of your recycle centers/store in our site, you can send your information in the following:
Thank you for save the world.